Posted by Mama Yeo
After every meal, i would normally clean/brush siang's teeth.
After dinner this evening, i was brushing it half way and suddenly he ask to hold the brush.
It came to me suddenly that D&E mummy ever blog about her reading the book on Growing Up which encourages parents to listen to the cues of our sons. When they said “Mummy , I can do it myself!”, we are to teach the skills, make sure they are safe and then allow them to try.
I am glad i chanced upon her blog and reading what she have learned...about believing and letting the kids try when they said they are ready (and want to try)
ok back to the tooth brush...
I pass the tooth brush to siang and he start to make the motion of brushing (thou not exactly brushing the teeth properly). i prompt him to open his mouth and brush the side teeth...he did it (or at least he tried)
D&E mum is right. Must belive they can and let them try. Along the way, they may tumble but thats the way to learn (so long safety is adhered to)

2 comments:
thanks for sharing!
Reading all the mummies blog, i gain insight of a lot of things on bringing up Siang :)
I love to pop by yours too ;)
Post a Comment